Acupuncture has been effectively used for the treatment of back pain, headache, migraine, and sports injuries. However, acupuncture provides more than pain relief. It is helpful in treating anxiety, insomnia, digestive problems, menstrual problems, weight control, infertility and much more.
Some of the Health Benefits of Acupuncture include:
- Increasing peripheral circulation
- Augmenting skin and muscle blood flow
- Decreasing heart rate and reducing elevated blood pressure
- Regulating autonomic nervous system
- Normalizing gastrointestinal motility
- Boosting immune function
- Balancing reproductive hormones
Cupping Therapy is based on the belief that using suction or vacuum on specific points on a patient’s body can help remove obstructions in the natural energy pathways inside the body and thus cure ailments.
Cupping therapy offers several advantages including aiding in promoting blood flow and increase blood circulation to muscles and tissue, supplies oxygen to cells, loosens knots, and can release and drain excess fluids and toxins.
At Kenzie Wellness Centre, Cupping Therapy is done by a Registered Acupuncturist. This service is covered by your Extended Health Benefits and ICBC.