Active Rehabilitation & Kinesiology
Active rehabilitation treatments are one-on-one sessions with a licensed kinesiologist, the most knowledgeable health professionals for overseeing exercise therapy. In each session the kinesiologist will guide you through a series of exercises in a structured and progressive manner to ensure proper body mechanics and technique.
Active rehabilitation is a kinesiology-directed exercise-based approach to injury recovery and prevention. A kinesiologist can help individuals with injury, disability, or medical condition(s) reach their health and fitness goals in a safe and progressive manner. In each session the kinesiologist will guide you through a series of exercises in a structured and progressive manner to ensure proper body mechanics and techniques.
Active Rehab Kinesiology
- Improves overall posture and body mechanics.
- Reduces muscular imbalance via targeted strengthening.
- Decreases whole body pain and discomfort, especially following a motor
- Manages chronic or new sports injuries.
- Restores range of motion by addressing soft tissue injuries.
- Increases stability, flexibility, and exercise tolerance through gentle
Kinesiologists are community based and accessible to work with you on improving your health and wellness. Kinesiologists provide a wide range of health services ranging from:
- Fitness and health evaluations;
- Exercise prescription;
- Postural assessment and education;
- Athletic training;
- Exercise therapy and interventions;
- Therapeutic application of heat and cold;
- General nutritional counselling;
- Ergonomics; and
- (within BCAK Scope of Practice limitations)* Mobilizations, manual therapy and manipulation; osteopathic manual techniques; and electrical therapy techniques.